Monday, April 4, 2011

LINDA MCCLURE PROMOTES CRICUT CAKE!!

Is this an April fools joke?

In December of 2009 I was asked by Provo Craft to come to Utah to film a promotion for the new Cricut Cake machine. I agreed because I was still hoping PC was going to be working with me to promote my new method of cake decorating. We filmed this segment at Carrie Biggers shop. I had spent time with her several weeks earlier teaching her and her staff this technique.

This was the first time I had seen the new machine and my first thought was "all they did was change the color!". There were very few improvements made, and the changes were the ones I suggested.

If you look at any official Provo Craft advertisement of the Cricut Cake you will see that I have been edited out. I am sure they wish they had never asked me to do this in the first place!

No, I do not endorse the Cricut Cake in any way. I cannot and will not recommend that machine to anyone who wants to use electronic cutters for cake decorating. They threw me under the bus and now claim I had nothing to do with inventing the technique of using electronic cutters for cake decorating. Now the goal of Provo Craft is to make sure you cannot use any other program like Make the Cut with the Cricut. If you get a Cricut you will have to buy their expensive cartridges for designs.

Here is the video that was filmed, before I was cut out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ypINioSgWI&feature=related

Here I am at CHA 2010 with the launch of the Cricut Cake. I did leave after 3 days of this. I knew, without a doubt what was going on. I could not be apart of this any longer. Each time Jinger Adams told the crowd that I came to Provo Craft and asked them if they could make a machine to cut gum paste, I wanted to scream "It's all a big, fat lie!!!" Walking away from a bad situation was the best thing I could have done and it has worked out well for me. I am not limited to what I can do and I am not tied down to a machine that will limit your creativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjMQIFev4Y

3 comments:

  1. I just watched both videos.It sounds like Supercakediva works for ProvoCraft. Linda, I'm so sorry for what they did to you, but it doesn't surprise me. I learned some time ago to never buy anything from this company. Companies that have no morals, values, or ethics will learn karma can kick butt. I could go on and on about PC but will leave everyone with this advice. Buy a Silhouette cutting machine. I won three of these wonderful machines, love the software and the company is wonderful! Hugs to you Linda, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can the Silhouette Cutting Machine be used to cute out gumpaste & fondant? What package would be best to get? Thank you for any suggestions. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete